The On Vous Ment, Mockumentary Film Festival, in France is back for its second year! The overwhelming success of the festival’s inaugural launch during spring 2016 ensured this year’s reprisal. Entries for On Vous Ment 2017 are due by April 15, 2017. The three day event will take place from June 2-4, 2017.
“On Vous Ment” is french for “is lying to you,” an aptly titled name for a festival centered around mockumentaries and found footage films designed to look authentic.
Filmmakers are encouraged to submit their mockumentary creations for consideration at the festival. Both shorts and feature length films are permissible, but most importantly, the mockumentary must be 100% fictional. Filmmakers may submit their found footage creations here: https://onvousment.fr/en/le-festival/inscription/
Found Footage Critic: Official Sponsor
Found Footage Critic is proud to once again be named the official found footage film database for the On Vous Ment film festival. Michael Steinberg, owner of Found Footage Critic, is working closely with Festival Director Nicolas Landais to help identify prospective entries for this year’s event.
Official Press Release: Call For Entries – Mockumentary Film Festival – April 2017
On Vous Ment Mockumentary Film festival – second edition, will take place from June 2nd to 4th, 2017, at CNP Bellecour (Lyon, France).
This one of a kind event is dedicated to mockumentary genre films, that is to say fiction films that follow the conventions of documentary. This festival claims to be a place of reflexion about the influence and the manipulation of images.
Campaigning for artistic freedom to expand at its best, our festival is open to professional productions as well as self-produced films. During a weekend of celebrating the mockumentary genre, we want deconstruction, punk amusement and childish gullibility to coexist.
The submitted films will be seen and put to the vote by a prestigious jury – no pressure, cool it ! – and the winners will be awarded with prizes.
- Submission deadline: April 15, 2017
- Register online at https://onvousment.fr/en/le-festival/inscription/
- Topic and length at liberty
- Compulsory: Mockumentary genre, films of fiction displaying the content and shape features of documentary films. Fake documentaries and found footage are accepted into our selection but docudramas (documentaries that partly contain fiction facts) are not
- Visit our website to have a look at the complete rules and learn more about the festival
- Contact us for any question about registration at : firstname.lastname@example.org
On Vous Ment ! Festival documenteur
du 2 au 4 Juin 2017
+336 72 54 43 12